Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Couple More Of My Favorites

I have two new Doctor's Picks for you: one is cat-related, and one is totally off-topic.

First, my favorite humorous website is I Can Has Cheezburger, aka ICHC. Every day several captioned cat (or occasionally other animal) photos are posted. They never fail to lift my spirits, and sometimes leave me rolling on the floor.

The other is my new favorite French bakery/pastry shop. Avignon Bakery is just west down the street from us in the next block, on the north side. Their croissants and danish pastries are the best I have had outside of France, and reasonably priced. Try the raisin roll or pain au chocolat! They have a small menu with quiches and sandwiches, along with coffee. The proprietor is Vietnamese by way of France, and her baker is French. Apparently they use imported dough, and it is the flakiest and tastiest imaginable. No, I am not being paid to write this, either. Please consider spending your consumer dollars at a local business: Avignon Bakery, 19973 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, 818-610-8478. Open 7 AM - 3 PM Tues - Sun. Closed Mondays.