Thursday, January 6, 2011

How To Make Your Own Cat Litter

Yes, sportsfans, if you have the time, energy, and motivation, you too can manufacture your own homemade paper-based cat litter. Instructions are found over at The Greenists.com.

Why would you want to? Well, it sounds like a great way to reuse waste paper, which is a very environmentally friendly thing to do (and preferable to shipping it to China for recycling over there, or even some faraway place in the US), and it's oh so artsy/craftsy/do-it-yourself-ish.

I must confess - I have not tried this myself. But I am tempted, if only for an experiment to see if it's really that easy. Besides, I think it might be a good way to give my brand new immersion blender a trial run (though my sister, who gave it to me this Christmas for KITCHEN use might not approve).

If any of you do decide to try this, let me know how it works.