Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another Phone Call

So Alison was fielding phone calls this afternoon and got one from our friends at the boiler room in India, who grace us with their solicitations for all manner of scams at least once a day.

Caller: Hello, may I speak to Gayle Robertson (sic)?
Alison: May I ask who's calling?
Caller: My name is Roger.
Alison (who can hear the boilerroom operation humming in the background and notes that Roger sounds Indian): What company are you with, Roger?
Caller: Um....uh....my name is Roger.
Alison: I heard that part, Roger. What company are you with?
Caller: I....uh....um....I don't know.
Alison: Wait. What? You don't know? Who do you work for that you are calling on behalf of, Roger??
Caller: Um...I think I'm gonna go now. (click)

I swear. You can't make this stuff up.