Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Doctor's Pick: Cat Litter Scoop




Wow, you say! Doctor Robison has really turned into a control freak. Now she's trying to tell me what kind of cat litter scoop to use!!

Well, I have used and discarded just about every kind of litter scoop made in the past 30 years, and it took until a couple of years ago to find a real keeper. I just love the heavy-duty steel Durascoop with the squared corners (rather than those with the useless curved corners) that I found at Petco (disclaimer: PetSmart probably has them, too, and I don't care where you shop since I don't own stock in any pet stores anyway). Mine is enamel painted which may wear off over time. The newer ones are stainless steel.

Yes, they are expensive, but well worth it. No more broken scoops from trying to pick up too much at once. And the best part is how well it gets into the corners. Next time you need a new scoop, give this a try. You'll never want to go back to the old oval "pancake turner".