Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day Reminder

Just a quick reminder that, even though chocolate has not been proven poisonous to cats, it is not an appropriate food for them. There is enough caffeine in it to get a cat into trouble. Dogs, of course, cannot metabolize the theobromine in chocolate, and can die if they eat much. It's best not to risk problems - keep those holiday chocolates out of kitty's reach!

If you receive any cut flowers, you should be aware that many are highly poisonous to cats. Lilies of all kinds are very toxic to cats' kidneys and have caused many deaths. Roses are not toxic, but they have probably been sprayed with many chemicals. Don't allow kitty to play with or chew on any flowers.