Friday, August 6, 2010

Another Facepalm Moment

Alison just finished dealing with a phone call that went on for at least 10 minutes but ended without an appointment being scheduled - as previous calls from this same prospective client have ended, Alison informs me.

The woman repeatedly asked Alison (who is not a doctor, BTW) variations on the same questions along the lines of "My husband works and I don't drive - how close to closing time can I bring my two cats in?" and "How experienced is the doctor and are you sure she knows what she's doing?" and "What's wrong with my two old cats who have never been fixed or seen a veterinarian?".

The clincher was, "My cats aren't eating well. Have you ever heard of THAT???" To her credit, Alison merely informed her that she wasn't a doctor and couldn't answer medical questions.

In all honesty, it was actually a double facepalm moment.