Cat's Meow Veterinary Clinic is always happy to welcome new clients and patients. We have a few suggestions to help make your cat's first examination as pleasant and productive as possible.
1) Plan to arrive about ten minutes before your scheduled office visit. We will need to set up your file and review any accompanying medical records.
2) Bring kitty (or bunny or ratty) in a secure pet carrier. Your pet needs to be safe inside your car just like a child would be. Once inside the waiting room, you will ensure its continued safety, and that of our other clients and patients, by keeping the carrier closed and on the floor while waiting to enter the exam room.
3) You will need to fill out a client information form with name, address, telephone number, employer (if any), and alternate phone number (i.e. cell). California law requires that we obtain this information and keep it in your file so we ask for your cooperation.
4) We accept payment in the form of cash, personal or business check, Master Card, and Visa. Payment is due at the time of services received. If we need to hospitalize your sick or injured pet, you will be asked to pay a deposit. We always discuss charges in advance of hospitalization and provide an estimate form. We do NOT bill.
5) If you are seeking a second opinion, please bring a copy of your cat's complete medical record with you or have it faxed to us. This is EXTREMELY important. For young or newly obtained cats, please bring copies of whatever vaccination records you have (from breeder, animal shelter, prior owner) so we can evaluate your individual pet's needs.